We all know any death is tragic. It’s heartbreaking and it shakes a community to the core. Although it seems like a certain group forgets that there are other victims in the world. I keep hearing from Dogsbite.org and TPBPR about the “epidemic” of DBF’s and the rising count. Maybe I should show them what a real public safety epidemic is. HOMICIDE.
You know- the act of a HUMAN killing another HUMAN?
As I was researching this list- I don’t see the word “PIT BULL” mentioned once as the weapon or the cause. What??? Stop the press- according to Dogsbite.org , TPBPR and The Founding “friends” of Daxton’s Friends the one thing that will surely kill you on the spot will be a pit bull. Because according to them- NOTHING is as dangerous as a pit bull or bully breed. I have to politely disagree.
I have composed a list for one city alone- just ONE city in the US.
2014 (so far-)
Please note that this count of homicides in the city of Milwaukee is for all homicides in this year.
The Holy Ground Campaign count of homicides, which comes to MICAH from the Milwaukee police department does not coincide with the official count of the city of Milwaukee.
The official count of the city of Milwaukee excludes some homicides involving a vehicle (vehicular homicides), some on or near county grounds in the city, and homicides resulting from police shootings.
January 9, 2014
1. Darrell M. Lockhard (age 20) male shot in the 500 block of E. Center Street.
January 15, 2014
2. Jordan M. Wilder (age 20) male shot in a robbery near the 2200 block of S. 11th Street.
January 28, 2014
3. Ikeem E. Cantrell (age 21) male shot in the 4400 block of W. Leon Terrace during an attempted robbery.
January 29, 2014
4. Cornelius Turner (age 19) male shot by police in the 5300 block of N. 58th Street during an attempted robbery.
February 3, 2014
5. Bruce Lloyd (age 22) male shot while sitting in a parked car in the 2800 block of W. Kilbourn Avenue.
February 5, 2014
6. Precise Martin (age 17) male shot while handling a gun with a friend in the 3200 block of N. 1st Street.
February 18, 2014
‘7. John D. Chelig (age 41) male shot during a quarrel with a friend in a house in the 3800 block of S. 53rd Street.
February 20, 2014
8. Corey Stevenson Jr. (age 6) boy was killed after being hit by a car on his way to school in a motor vehicle accident.
February 23, 2014
9. Earlene Frazier female (age 62) was killed by a car while crossing the street on her way to work with her sister near N. 35th street and west Highland Blvd.
March 1, 2014
10. Mario D. Towns (age 23) male shot during a robbery in progress after a armed robbery attempt in the 1600 block of S. 3rd Street.
March 12, 2014
11. AnnMarie Miller (age 17) female shot during an argument with a maintenance worker at an apartment in the 1300 block of N. 27th Street.
12. James Bell Jr. (age 19) male shot during an argument with a maintenance worker at the same apartment bldg. in the 1300 block of N. 27th Street.
March 14, 2014
13. Lamar A. Nash (age 35) male shot March 10, 2014 in the 5100 block of N. 39th Street. He died later of his injuries.
March 21, 2014
14. Earl W. Potts (age 54) male shot in the 1500 block of W. Orchard Street.
March 26, 2014
15. Terreonte D. Henry-Boston (age 21) male shot in a alley in the 4400 block of N. 69th Street.
16. Elroy J. Bryzcki (age 81) male died in a car crash with a West Allis squad car that was assisting another motor vehicle accident.
March 27, 2014
17. Ronnie A. Dunn (age 39) male found shot to death in a vacant lot in the 3200 block of N. 24th Street.
March 30, 2014
18. Aurelius Williams (age 17) male was shot during a robbery in the 5000 of N. 37th Street.
April 8, 2014
19. Matthew Glassford (age 48) male was shot during a robbery in the 500 block of W. Concordia Street.
April 11, 2014
20. Gilbert P. Hernandez (age 32) male was shot in the 4900 block of S. 14th Street.
April 12, 2014
21. Devon E. Harris (age 19) male shot in an apartment in the 700 block of N. 32nd Street.
22. Fredericka S. Hodges (age 29) female was at an intersection in a vehicle when shots were fired into a group of people standing on N. 24th and W. Center Street. An 18 year old man was also injured.
April 21, 2014
23. Willie J. Shankle (age 34) male shot in a double shooting in the 5200 block of N. 42nd Street.
24. Darius Z. Parker (age 32) male shot in a double shooting in the 5200 block of N. 42nd Street.
April 30, 2014
25. Dontre D. Hamilton (age 31) male killed by police during a struggle in Red Arrow Park.
May 5, 2014
26. Jose A. Rivera (age 32) male shot and killed during an armed robbery attempt while he was sitting in a car.
May 11, 2014
27. Christopher D. Edwards (age 33) male shot in the street on 28th and Kilbourn Avenue.
28. Herman Paige Jr. (age 46) male bartender and owner of Big C’s Blues Lounge was shot after an altercation with a bar patron.
May 17, 2014
29. Name withheld (age 34) male shot in the 2800 block of W. Lisbon Avenue during a dispute.
30. Tycer J. Lee (age 34) male shot in the 1800 block of N. 29th Street.
May 18, 2014
31. Wilbert C. Lewis (age 31) male shot in a triple shooting near 11th and Atkinson on May 17th. He died later of his injuries.
32. Marvin Smith (age 49) male shot in a triple shooting near 11th and Atkinson May 17th. A 48 year old male was also wounded.
33. Dale Smith (age 53) male shot outside of an apartment building near 92nd and Silverspring.
May 28, 2014
34. Phillip E. Nelson (age 27) male was shot and killed while sitting in a car in the 2000 block of W. Wright Street.
May 29, 2014
35. Jacoby D. Davis (age 25) male died after being shot near Tiefenthaler Park on 25th and Galena.
That is for 2014 so far- we all know the count will go up. Maybe we should show 2013–
(Remember- this is just for ONE city in the US.)
Let’s look at the last 8 years for this ONE city count of Homicide Victims-
So far- that 1,027 homicide victims for ONE city in just ONE state. Guess what? A pit bull was NOT involved in a single ONE of those acts of homicide. That’s 8 homicides a month for 10 years in just one city.
Now- let’s look at the DBF per year NATIONWIDE as reported by Dogsbite.org (all breeds combined)
That’s a total of 276
That’s 2 DBF a month for 9 years. NATIONWIDE.
So ask yourself- who’s the real danger? Man or dog? By these numbers- I’m going for MAN.