It seems every day we are hearing about lethal force being used against dogs by complete strangers and the police- specifically pit bull type dogs.
1. “Cameras capture a Travis County constable shooting a dog on duty.”– Jan 2015
2. “His 1-year-old dog, Knox, lifted her head one last time toward her owner, crying out in pain, and died from numerous gunshot wounds inflicted by a Los Angeles County sheriff’s detective during a confrontation this week.” – Jan 2015
3. “AUSTIN — Authorities are investigating after a Travis County deputy constable shot and killed a dog while serving an eviction notice in North Austin on Thursday. In an interview with KVUE Thursday, Distel said he asked the officer, “Why did you just shoot my dog?” and he says, ‘Because your dog is a pit bull. What am I going to do, get bit?‘”- Jan 2015
4. “HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – Harris County sheriff’s deputies were called to the Bay Area Dog Park after a man shot a woman’s dog several times.“- Jan 2015
5. “SANTA FE, Texas – A reward is being offered to help track down the person who shot and killed two pet dogs in Santa Fe.”– Jan 2015
6. “GREENFIELD TOWNSHIP — A family in Lackawanna County looked for its dog all weekend. Eventually, they found it shot to death and buried underneath some crates.”- Jan 2015
7. “A dog found bleeding and apparently shot in the head in Molino is now in the care of a local family.”- Jan 2015
8. “One dog is dead and another injured after both were hit by shotgun blasts late last week in the same Middleburg neighborhood, according to the Clay County Sheriff’s Office.”- Jan 2015
9. “STONY RIDGE Ohio- Wood County officials made a gruesome discovery this week in a ditch when they found two dogs who had been shot in the head.”- Jan 2015
10. “COLORADO SPRINGS – Police say man shot and killed a dog that approached him while it was off-leash Monday evening.”- Jan 2015
That’s just 10 recent cases this month. In fact, that’s just the tip of the iceberg- I could find a dog found shot one per day of the month of January. That’s really scary.
What’s even scarier is the founder and board member of Daxton’s Friends is supporting and encouraging this behavior.
We already know that Mr. Borchardt uses his “victim status” as a form of manipulation but what does that say when you add animal abuse to his ticket?
The fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), released by the American Psychiatric Association in 2013, lists both sociopathy and psychopathy under the heading of Antisocial Personality Disorders (ASPD). Key traits that sociopaths and psychopaths share include:
1. A disregard for laws and social mores.
2. A disregard for the rights of others.
3. A failure to feel remorse or guilt.
4. A tendency to display violent behavior.
Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of rage. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society. Any crimes committed by a sociopath, including murder, will tend to be haphazard, disorganized and spontaneous rather than planned.
Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place.
Psychopathy is the most dangerous of all antisocial personality disorders because of the way psychopaths dissociate emotionally from their actions, regardless of how terible they may be. Many prolific and notorious serial killers, including the late Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy, and Dennis Rader (“Bind, Torture, Kill” or BTK) are unremorseful psychopaths.
It’s not hard to see the founding board member of Daxton’s Friends falling under the psychopathic diagnosis. What is really scary is- this man wants access to your homes, your lives, access to your children… We have already seen how little he values children now- do we want it to get worse?